GLTF Packer is a convenience utility intended for SecondLife users who want to pack textures into a GLTF file for upload.
At time of writing, the only way to get Lossless Normal Maps into SecondLife is to upload materials as GLTF files.
Use GLTF Packer to create .GLTF Material files from PBR Textures.
- Have all relevant PBR textures in a folder together.
- Drag Base Color into Base Color slot. Other slots will Autofill, alternately, drag a texture into each slot.
- Click Save
- The application will create a folder, gltf_textures containing packed textures in the same folder as the base color image.
- The application will create a GLTF file inside the same folder as the base color image. This can be used to upload the textures to SecondLife.
Not all Texture Slots are Required
Only the Base Color and Normal Map are required. All other texture slots can be left blank.
If no Alpha map is passed, the created Base Color texture will not have an alpha channel.
Roughness, AO and Metallic will default to 255 if left blank. This allows you to modulate the values in-world.
Emission texture will only be generated if Emission slot is populated.
Always On Top
For Convenience, GLTF Packer Defaults to Always On Top.
Toggle Always On Top using the Pin toggle in the bottom left corner of the application.
- Clear any single slot by clicking on the texture slot.
- Clear all slots by clicking the Clear button.
GLTF Packer will autofill the texture slots based on the Base Color if the PBR Textures adhere to naming conventions.
GLTF Packer understands file names ending in the following
Normals _normal, _norm, _nrml, _nrm, _nor
Ambient Occlusion _ambient, _occlusion, _ao
Metallic _metallic, _metalness, _mtl
Roughness _roughness, _rough, _roug, _rgh
Emission _emission, _emiss, _emit
Alpha _alpha, _transparency
Notices / Disclaimer
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Download the latest release of GLTF Packer Here:
1.0.8471 - Initial Release
Find the Source Code for GLTF Packer below:-